Auxiliary Power Units
At Great Plains Transport, we utilize two different APUs
1. These units are designed to maintain temperature.
2. If the outside temperature is outside of 10-90 degrees
3. These units are plumbed directly to the heating/cooling system of your truck. They will kick out the same temp as what your cabin is already set to. Therefore, it’s imperative to keep in mind that these units are only expected to keep the current temperature of your cabin as it is when you turn on the unit.
4. There is
5. The Thermo King draws fuel from the truck’s diesel fuel tank and is powered by the truck’s batteries. When Fan Only or Heat mode are selected Fan Speed will default to OFF.
- If want to maintain your cabin temperature, make sure to start the unit immediately upon arriving at your destination.
- Shut your curtains, all of them. This will help insulate the cabin temperature and help to maintain a comfortable atmosphere.
- Check the oil often.
- Expect the unit to heat or cool your cabin temperature immediately. APUs are only expected to maintain temperature.
- Shut down your engine for hours and expect the APU to heat or cool your cabin significantly in a short period of time.
Thermo King TriPac® Evolution Diesel APU
Thermo King’s next-generation APU provides virtually unlimited sleeper cab heating and air conditioning while reducing tractor idling and lowering maintenance costs. In addition to delivering significant fuel savings, the TriPac Evolution APU is a valuable driver recruitment and retention tool, offering maximum driver comfort while out on the road. See why the TriPac Evolution is the number one auxiliary power unit in the industry and the number one choice of drivers everywhere!
Carrier ComfortPro® Diesel APU
ComfortPro® diesel auxiliary power units (APUs) from Carrier Transicold are the trucking industry’s all-around performance leaders. No other APU offers the combination of air conditioning, heating, cab power, engine warming, truck battery charging, optional shore power connectivity and a 2,000-hour maintenance service interval found in the ComfortPro diesel units.
Thermo King TriPac® Evolution Diesel APU Operating Instructions
Carrier ComfortPro® Diesel APU Operating Instructions
Programmable User Control Panel
Lockable digital control for air conditioning, heating and fan.
APU Power Plant
- Tier 4 final 2 cylinder diesel engine
- Alternator 60 Amps @ 12-15 volts DC
- Generator, 6kW rating @ 110/120V, 60Hz AC – 5.2kW available power
- Weight: 375 lbs.
Under Bunk Climate Control Unit
- Airflow, 650
- Air Conditioning 12,000 BTU/hr
- Hermetic compressor
- Refrigerant R-134a
- Heating – Up to 10,000 BTU/hr
- Weight: 85 lbs.